Dancing Bear Toys and Gifts, owned by Tom and Marlene England, opened on September 20, 2000 – and we’ve been having fun ever since!
Our mission at Dancing Bear is simple: Put some play in everyone’s day!
We do our best to ensure that Dancing Bear makes a positive difference in the lives of children, families, and our community. Our core values include:
- We love to have fun. That’s why our store is one of the happiest places in Frederick. Just try to visit the Bear without smiling. It can’t be done!
- We believe in the importance of play. Kids need it, adults need it…everyone wins when you put some play in your day.
- We go above and beyond for our customers. Got a special request? Let us know. Running late for a birthday party? Call ahead and we’ll wrap up a gift and meet you at the curb.
- We support Downtown Frederick. Is there a cooler downtown anywhere? We don’t think so. We are proud to participate in the Downtown Frederick Partnership and the Tourism Council of Frederick County.
- We care—and we share. Our primary focus in giving back is to support non-profits that help children in need.
Hope you’ll stop by to play sometime soon…and don’t forget to visit our sister store, Curious Iguana, Downtown Frederick’s independent bookstore located just around the corner at 12 North Market Street.